Your dedication to getting the job done and willingness to be flexible resulted in the Commission being able to develop Congressional and Legislative maps. In my view the Commission could have not retained a better firm to assist them.
With over three decades of redistricting experience, Haystaq and its sister company Strategic Telemetry has helped Independent Commissions, advocacy organizations, law firms, and others to create fair and lasting maps.
Three Cycles of Experience
In 1990 – 1991, Ken was the lead statistician for the Wisconsin Assembly Democratic Caucus’s redistricting operation.
- Tens of thousands of maps created using technologies such as: Maptitude, Esri, ArcGIS, Maptitude Online Redistricting, Google Maps, Google Earth, Mapbox, QGIS, Tableau (.shp, .map, .kmz, .kml, .doj, block equivalency files, etc.)
- Congressional, state senate, state assembly/house, county, precinct, school district maps
- Expertise in plan evaluation methodology: measures of compactness (Reock, Polsby-Popper, Convex Hull, Perimeter, etc.), county and community splits, Communities of Interest, competitiveness (partisan voter makeup), racial and ethnic demographic makeup (Voting Age Population (VAP), CVAP, etc.)
- Extensive Experience obtaining, organizing and utilizing Census PL 94-171 data, Tiger data, Census ACS data, Precinct level election results, and state voter file data (census block, census tract, census block group, etc.)
- Racial bloc voting analysis
- Voting Rights Act: Sections 2 and 5, Department of Justice Preclearance
- Census Reapportionment and Redistricting